The Project from Hell


Well, as all of you know Chaz and I are trying to sell our house so we can move to Heber. One of the things our house really needed was a new roof. So, we thought we better put on a new roof not only as a selling point, but in case our house doesn't sell before the winter.


We were lucky to have the help of Greg who used to roof before he got on with the fire department. The tear off of the roof was miserable because the weather was about 100 degrees and there were 2 layers of shingles to get rid of. But, once that was done and the roof was dried in, we thought we were good for 48 hours while Chaz was at work. Unfortunately, a huge wind and rain storm blew off about half of the tar paper that Chaz had just tacked onto the roof. So, our neighbors along with Brian, Puppa and Greg came over and helped Chaz nail down tarps in the pouring rain so the roof wouldn't leak and cause water damage.
After all that chaos, Chaz was able to finally put shingles on with the help of Brian, Puppa, and Mike. Thank goodness for family!! I don't know how we could've done this project without the help our great family and friends! We love you all!
I didn't do much of the manual labor, but I did take care of the kids so the guys could work. I think I got the better end of the the deal!!

1 comments:

Whitney said...

Sad... I am glad your project from hell is finally over! I cant wait for this weekend! Hopefully it will be fun. See you there.